We met Dom on the road at his father's grave.
His dad was a Marine, killed in action just days before being sent home.
Dom was 14 months old at the time.
This was about 2500 miles and 11 days into the Ride.
Watch the videos. The picture below is a man name Joe from Erie, PA, who lost his daughter in Korea just a few years ago. Why don't we hear more about military serving in Korea? This was a spontaneous presentation, as you'll see in the above video.
Sailor Jerri was kind enough to allow us to promote this video.
Below, we met Cathy in Lockport, NY. The bike broke down about a mile from our scheduled meeting place, so she came to us.
Both Cathy (below) and Joe (above) were honored on Friday, July 6.
ALL PERSONS PARTICIPATING IN THE GOLD STAR RIDE 2018 MOTORCYCLE RIDING EVENT WILL SIGN THE RIDER’S GUEST BOOK AND BY SIGNING, AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Waiver: I know that participating in a bike ride is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, and the effects of the weather and traffic, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
It is assumed and therefore understood that NO PERMITS are being requested by The Gold Star Ride Foundation, and therefore all laws of the state in which we ride will be enforced. Unless it is announced immediately before the Ride begins, at any place along the way, it will be assumed and the responsibility of each Rider, that all state and local traffic laws will be strictly obeyed and enforced. This paragraph therefore implies that all Riders will be aware of the route and destinations of each part of the Ride. This information will be disbursed at the beginning of each leg of the Ride.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry to participate in The Gold Star Ride 2018 (herein after the “Event”) to be held on July 2 to August 23, 2018, in and around the Contiguous United States, Canada, and Alaska, I, intending to be legally bound, do hereby for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators agree as follows:
1. I do waive and forever release any and all rights and claims for any damages and liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in the Event against all persons, entities and agencies involved with promoting and holding the Event, including but not limited to The Gold Star Ride Foundation, sponsors, partners, volunteers and vendors of the event, their agents, successors, representatives and assigns even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
2. I assume the risk of all bodily injuries, including death, resulting there from, and personal injuries to me and damage to and loss of my property, including loss of use thereof and any other indirect or consequential damages, resulting directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, from my participation in the Event and while traveling to and from the Event.
3. I hereby agree, for myself and/or for a minor under the age of eighteen for whom I am signing, to indemnify, defend, and hold the entities named above harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees) judgments and penalties arising out of any of my, and or said minors, acts or omissions to act. (All minors must be in the company of their legal parent or guardian at all times.)
4. I understand that the Event reserves the right to use any and all participant’s names and/or likeness with regard to promotional and/or advertising materials, including, but not limited to, episodic television, documentary movies and DVD's.
5. I understand that any donations made by me are non‐refundable.
VIDEO APPEARANCE WAIVER/RELEASE FORM
This book must be signed by all individuals appearing in the video or still photos. Making an entry in this log is agreement to the following terms and conditions:
I hereby give my full permission for the use of my name, picture, image, likeness, actions, voice, and other personally identifiable imagery (collectively the “Imagery”), in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other images, as part of a video submission to The Gold Star Ride Foundation, ToMack Entertainment, and any other production team or staff, collectively and individually (herein after referred to as The Company), in connection with The Gold Star Ride 2018, The Gold Star Ride Foundation, and any documentaries or television productions or broadcasts that may come from any of these entities.
By signing this “Gold Star Ride Guest Log Book,” I waive all rights of privacy or compensation, which I may have in connection with such use of the Imagery.
I hereby grant The Company, and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use the Imagery associated with such video or still image captures in any and all formats, media or other presentation methods, existing now or in the future, and in all manners, including composite or altered representations, for advertising, trade or any other lawful purposes, in perpetuity.
I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished version(s), including written copy that may be created in connection with the video production, editing and promotion therewith.
I am at least 18 years old (or at least the age of majority in the state of my residence) and I have read this release and understand its contents and implications and consent to the above.
MINOR CONSENT (required for individuals under the age of 18 or under the age of majority in the applicable state of residence) I am the parent or guardian of the minor named above and have the legal authority to execute this wavier and release on his or her behalf as stated above.
Know the laws.... This map indicates helmet laws in various states. Different states have different insurance laws as well. Do your research; know what we're up against
On this page, you can find us on the road, plan your trip with us, and follow us down the road!
The Gold Star Ride Foundation will actively support, comfort and provide education benefits to Gold Star Families throughout the United States and will provide these things directly with personal visits via motorcycle; and we will support those other organizations that work to assist in these same activities.
The Gold Star Ride Foundation was formed in late 2016, and fullfilled all requirements of Minnesota law by registering as a non profit corporation, complete with bylaws and articles of incorporation. Additionally, we are registered with the Minnesota Attorney General's office, which is required for fundraising activities.We are registered with the IRS, and the IRS has acknowledged The Gold Star Ride Foundation as an official 501(c)3 organization meaning any donations are eligible for tax deductions. Talk to your tax advisor for specific tax information.
Our banking institution is First Resource Bank of Lino Lakes, MN. Donations may NOT be made directly to the bank. If you would like to make a donation, and you'd rather not use our buttons here on the website, you may send us a check via United States Postal Service. Our mailing address is on our contact page. Thank you for your support.